AKRON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
Posted: July 15, 2014
The Akron Symphony and Music Director Christopher Wilkins announce vacancies for the 2014-15 season:
- SECOND FLUTE* – repertoire PDF
- ASSISTANT CONCERTMASTER* - repertoire PDFs: part 1 | part 2
- NON-ROTATING VIOLIN I* (4th Chair) - repertoire PDFs: part 1 | part 2
- NON-ROTATING VIOLIN II* (3rd Chair) - repertoire PDFs: part 1 | part 2
- SECTION VIOLIN I & II (6 positions) - repertoire PDFs: part 1 | part 2
- SECTION VIOLA (4 positions) - repertoire PDF
- SECTION CELLO (1-year position)** - repertoire PDF
* If this position is won by a current ASO contract member, the resulting vacancy may be offered to the next best-qualified candidate.
** If this position becomes permanently vacant, the contract may be extended beyond one year.
Auditions will take place in September and dates will be announced by August 5.
Applicants must schedule an audition appointment. Look for sign-up information here after August 10th.
2014-2015 base compensation rate will be $98.76 per service. Principal compensation is $123.45 per service.
Check back for repertoire and additional information.
AKRON SYMPHONY CHORUS
The Akron Symphony Chorus will hold auditions on a rolling basis. We are currently in need of sopranos and men. Auditions are by appointment only. For further information, or schedule an audition, please contact Brenda Justice at 330.535.8131 or by email. Maria Sensi Sellner is the Akron Symphony Chorus Director.
- A short solo piece of your choice in any language, accompanied. Please bring a copy of the music for the pianist.
- Vocalization, to demonstrate the full extent of your vocal range
- Sight reading
For more information about the Akron Symphony Chorus, visit our page.
AKRON YOUTH ORCHESTRAS
Akron Youth Symphony auditions are scheduled for May 2014. Check here for audition information, application and complete details.
Akron Youth Philharmonic auditions take place in September. Check back for details soon.
GOSPEL MEETS SYMPHONY CHORUS
No auditions are scheduled at this time. For more information, contact Brenda Justice.