AKRON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
Vacancies | Audition Dates | Repertoire | Audition Appointments | Compensation
The Akron Symphony Orchestra and Music Director Christopher Wilkins announce the following vacancies for the 2012-2013 season:
ASSISTANT CONCERTMASTER * ^
NON-ROTATING FIRST VIOLIN (1 position) * ~
NON-ROTATING SECOND VIOLIN (1 position) * ~
SECTION VIOLIN (7 positions)
PRINCIPAL VIOLA *
PRINCIPAL CELLO *
NON-ROTATING BASS *
PRINCIPAL HORN *
* If won by current ASO contract member, next best-qualified candidate may be offered resulting vacancy.
^ Runners up for this position may be offered a non-rotating or section chair.
~ Runners up for this position may be offered a section chair.
- Violin – Assistant Concertmaster - PDF1 | PDF2 | PDF3 | PDF4 | PDF5 | PDF6 | PDF7
- Violin – Non-Rotating & Rotating Section - PDF1 | PDF2 | PDF3 | PDF4 | PDF5 | PDF6
- Viola – Principal – PDF
- Cello – Principal – PDF
- Bass – Section - PDF1 | PDF2 | PDF3 | PDF4
- Horn – Principal and 4th - PDF1 | PDF2 | PDF3 | PDF4
Please do not send resumes at this time.
2011-2012 base compensation rate was $94.00 per service. Principal compensation rate was $117.50 per service. 2012-13 rates are currently under negotiation.
AKRON SYMPHONY CHORUS
The Akron Symphony Chorus will hold auditions for the 2012-2013 season on Monday, August 20 and Tuesday, August 21 at First United Methodist at 263 E. Mill St., Akron, OH 44308 from 4:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. Auditions are by appointment only.
For more information or to schedule an audition, please contact Brenda Justice, Coordinator of Choral Programs at 330.535.8131 or by email. Maria Sensi Sellner is the Akron Symphony Chorus Director.
Positions are available in all sections, but priority will be given to new Tenors and Basses.
1. A short solo piece of your choice in any language, accompanied. Please bring a copy of the music for the pianist.
2. A prepared excerpt from next season’s repertoire:
- Poulenc: Gloria, Mvt. 4 Domine Fili Unigenite (This excerpt is only 24 bars of singing and will be sent to you when you make your appointment.)
3. Vocalization, to demonstrate the full extent of your vocal range
4. Sight reading
The 2012-2013 season will include the following Akron Symphony Chorus performances:
- • November 10, 2012 – Poulenc’s Gloria (conducted by Maria Sensi Sellner)
- • December 12-14, 2012 – Holiday Pops
- • March 2, 2013 – Haydn’s “Spring” from The Seasons
- • May 19, 2013 – La Musique Sacrée – Akron Symphony Chorus Concert featuring the Durufle Requiem
For more information about the Akron Symphony Chorus, visit our page.
GOSPEL MEETS SYMPHONY CHOIR
Contact Brenda Justice for dates and times.