The Akron Symphony Orchestra primarily performs at The University of Akron’s E.J. Thomas Hall and Akron Civic Theatre. Classics Series concerts take place at EJ Thomas Hall. Pops Series concerts are at Akron Civic Theatre.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF AKRON’S
EJ THOMAS HALL
198 Hill St.
Akron, OH 44304
Akron Symphony Classics Series concerts and Gospel Meets Symphony take place at EJ Thomas Hall.
- The University of Akron’s E. J. Thomas Hall is a smoke-free building. Smoking areas are located outside the building.
- Cameras, Recording Equipment, Cellular Phones and Pagers
- These devices are prohibited. You may take the devices back to your car, check them at coat check in Robertson Lobby (EJ) or check them with the Head Usher at the information counter.
- Please note the curtain time printed on your tickets, as performances begin promptly. In consideration of others, latecomers will be seated at a suitable pause in the program. This includes patrons who leave the auditorium before or during a selection. Patrons will be re-seated after the completion of that selection.
- Intermissions are 20 minutes in length. The flashing of the lobby lights is your signal to return to your seat for the start of the performance. Latecomers will be seated at proper intervals.
- Members of the audience who wish to leave before the conclusion of the performance are asked to do so only between selections as not to disturb others.
- The University of Akron’s E. J. Thomas Hall has Orchestra and Grand Tier level seating for patrons in wheelchairs or patrons with special needs. Adjacent seating for a companion is also available in both areas. To make reservations, call the Ticket Office at (330) 972-7570.
- There are a limited number of handicap parking spaces available on a first-come, first-served basis in the Thomas Hall parking deck and Lot # 26 and 27. There is a $5.00 charge for parking. A valid permit must be displayed.
- Located at the bottom of both ramps on both sides of the building.
- Public restrooms are located in Robertson Lobby. The Ladies’ Room can be accessed from the odd side of the building and the Men’s Room access is from the even side. The center stairs in Robertson Lobby lead to both restrooms. Accessible restrooms are located at the bottom of each ramp.
- Public telephones are located downstairs between the restrooms, off Robertson Lobby. Telephones are also located in our Ticket Office Lobby and McCormick Lobby. Both of these phones are wheelchair accessible.
- Should you need to be contacted when you are at a performance, please leave the Main Lobby phone number, (330) 972-6828. Also be sure to leave your seat location with the caller so we can locate you quickly. Physicians and others expecting calls are requested to leave their name and seat location with the Head Usher in McCormick Lobby upon arrival.
- Drinking fountains are located at the top of both ramps in Robertson Lobby.
- The Information Counter is located in McCormick Lobby, which is adjacent to the Ticket Office. The counter is manned by an attendant, who is available to assist you with your questions and concerns.
Assistive Listening System
- A special sound system for the hearing impaired, Williams Personal PA Receiver is available at the information counter in McCormick Lobby, free of charge.
Lost and Found
- The information counter serves as our lost and found department during events. If you discover that you are missing something the day following a performance, please call our Executive Offices at (330) 972-7595 and make a report.
Food and Beverage Service
- A full-service bar and concession stand are located in the building’s center lobby, Robertson Lobby. The Concession Stand offers soft drinks, bottled water, coffee, beer, wine, snacks and candy before the performance and at intermission.
- On select evenings, bottled water and drinks in E. J. souvenir cups are permitted in the auditorium. Food is not permitted in the auditorium and may be consumed in the lobby areas or in the EJCafé.
Even and Odd Entries
- E. J. Thomas Hall has 26 entries that lead into the auditorium seating over three levels. The even entries are located on the University Avenue/Ticket Office side and the odd entries are located off of Hill Street. All entries with the exception of 9-10-11-12-13-14 are accessed by stairs. Entries 10 and 14 are the easy access/wheelchair-accessible entries.
24 Hour Information
- E. J. Thomas Hall provides a phone bulletin board system to answer your questions during our off hours. By calling (330) 972-7570, you can receive information on upcoming shows, Ticketmaster outlets, phone charge numbers, plus directions to the Hall.
ABOUT THE AKRON CIVIC THEATRE
182 South Main St.
Akron, OH 44308
All Pops Series concerts take place at Akron Civic Theatre, the new home of the Pops!
Located in the Grand Lobby, the information counter is manned by a staff member to assist you with any questions or concerns. An assisted listening device may be obtained at this location. This location also serves as our lost and found department during events.
- The Akron Civic Theatre is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is permitted outside of the building.
Emergency Phone Number
- Should you need to be contacted when you are at the Civic, please leave the Civic evening phone number (330) 535-3179, ext 32. Also, leave your seating location with the staff member on duty at the Information Counter, so that we can quickly locate you.
Cameras, Tape Recorders, Pagers and Cellular Phones
- Cameras, video and audio recording devices are not permitted. These devices should be taken back to your vehicle or checked at the Information Counter until the conclusion of the performance. Our ushers are instructed to retrieve these prohibited items from patrons in the auditorium. In consideration of other patrons, please turn off all pagers and cellular phones.
- Note the curtain time on your tickets as events begin promptly. In consideration of others, latecomers will be seated at a suitable pause in the program. This includes patrons who leave the seating area before or during a selection.
- Intermissions are 20 minutes in length. The flashing of the lobby lights is your signal to return to your seat for the start of the performance. Latecomers will be seated at a suitable pause in the program.
- New public restrooms are located in our new North Wing on both the Promenade and Mezzanine levels. Baby changing stations are available in Promenade level restrooms only.
- Drinking fountains are located on the Promenade and Mezzanine levels.
Food and Beverage Service
- Our new Concessions area located on the Mezzanine Level (at the top of the grand staircase) provides one-stop shopping for our patrons. An array of soft drinks, bottled water, coffee, beer, wine, candy and snacks can be purchased until the conclusion of intermission. The concession stand in the Grand Lobby (first floor) offers soft drinks, wine, beer, candy and snacks. For most events at the Civic, food and beverages may carefully be taken into the seating area.
- The Civic Theatre holds customer safety and security as one of its highest goals. The following are the security policies that patrons should be aware of:
- All patrons entering the facility must have a ticket for that day’s event.
- There is a police presence both inside and outside of the Akron Civic Theatre.
- Patrons entering the Civic may be subject to a security check.
- Carry-in items may be searched before entering.
- For a safe and memorable experience, please leave the following items at home: cameras, recording devices, all outside food or beverages, cans, bottles, laser pointers and contaband.
- The Civic Theatre reserves the right to make the final decision.
- The Civic Theatre appreciates your understanding and apologizes for any inconvenience you may experience.