Akron Symphony Guild
The Akron Symphony Guild was established in 1952 to provide organized volunteer support of the Akron Symphony organization, including the Akron Symphony Orchestra, Chorus and Youth Symphony. More than 100 members participate in varied and exciting events and programs to help ensure that symphonic music remains an important part of the Akron Community.
Specifically, the Akron Symphony Guild provides support to a number of fundraising and other events including: running the Guild Boutique, Crescendo! annual style show, Concerts For Kids, the Fanfare gala, the Portage Lakes Homes Tour, Previews from the Podium, and many more.
Become part of an organization that values your skills, talents and time. By becoming a member, you’ll have a role in encouraging youth and adult understanding and appreciation of music. You’ll also get to:
- Share in events and programs supporting the Akron Symphony Orchestra, Chorus and Youth Symphony
- Receive announcements about all symphony events and concerts
- Receive invitations to all Guild events
- Receive copies of the Guild Newsletter
- Vote at General Meetings
- Meet new people and new friends!
Guild members have four general meetings a year. See below for dates. Meetings always include an artistic performance, as well as opportunities to meet new people who share a love of music. Guild members are responsible for attending at least two general meetings per year, serving on at least one committee, and supporting Akron Symphony concerts and events.
JOIN THE AKRON SYMPHONY GUILD TODAY. It’s easy! Call the Akron Symphony office at 330-535-8131 between 9 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday. A Guild member will contact you shortly to discuss the many different ways you can be a part of our musical community.
- Quarterly Luncheon – October 18th, 2012, 11:30 am, D’Agnese’s, featuring Levi Hammer
- Crescendo: Winter Symphony Styles – Saturday, November 3, 2012, 11 am-2 pm, Silver Lake Country Club – Theresa Carter, President of Omnova Solutions Foundation, emcee
- Quarterly Luncheon – Thursday, December 6, 2012, 6:30 pm, Fairlawn Country Club
- Quarterly Luncheon – Thursday, March 21, 2013, 11:30 am, Ken Stewart’s Grille
- Quarterly Luncheon – Thursday, May 16, 2013, 11:30 am, Papa Joe’s Restaurant
Check back for more events to be added throughout the year. Contact the Akron Symphony Guild by email if you have any questions or call the Akron Symphony office at 330-535-8131.